Friday 18 November 2011

Heartstrings

What sorta quilt do you make for a friend who is a self-confessed Romantic? Why, a Heart Quilt, of course!


This is my first string quilt; inspiration from here. (The heartstrings quilt project is an online (mostly) group that makes heartstring quilts for charity. Absolutely admirable.) Did think of an alternate name for this quilt -  'The Romantics', what with one pink heart (hers) and one blue (his), and, bits of each others hearts enclosed within theirs, and... and I'm getting all sappy I think, so shall stop describing it and post pics instead:


For the romantically challenged, here's the pink heart (with a wedge of his blue), saying, "you'll always be in my heart"..

..and the blue one saying, "ditto"..




Hope my friend, allergic to any kind of wadding, partial to turquoise blue and fuschia pink, and, a hopeless romantic, will like this as much as I do. Since there was no wadding, quilting lines were kept to the minimum. And since the strings are pieced on a foundation, it is still cozy enough.

This view of the foundation is only for hardcore quilt-ers/lovers :-) :


Lots of love.

3 comments:

  1. Stunningly beautiful!!!! Absolutely Fabulous!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful quilt Tina..I'm sure your friend is thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete